Changing the Skybox#By Matthew Schmidt
Here's a how-to for replacing the default skybox.
Caveat: AFAIK, you have to rebuild the Wonderland source code to get this to work. This will not work if you are using the binary build.
1. Download or build a skybox.
- Pre built skyboxes can be found here: http://www.3delyvisions.com
- You're on your own if you build it yourself. Plenty of tutorials and software is available online.
2. Navigate to the skybox directory:
3. Make backup copies of all your existing skybox images
-in bash: $ mkdir backup $ cp *.jpg ./backup4. Name the new skybox files the same names as the old skybox files
The default Wonderland skybox names correspond to the following directions:
1.jpg = right 2.jpg = back 3.jpg = left 4.jpg = front 5.jpg = bottom 6.jpg = topVisually, they should be arranged like this:
Note that the top edge of image 4 must match up with the bottom edge of image 6.
5. Resize the new skybox images to dimensions 512 x 512
6. Overwrite the old skybox image files by copying the new skybox images, which you renamed and resized, to the skybox directory. :
NOTE: Many pre-built skyboxes do not have a bottom image. Since the bottom image is typically not seen in-world, you do not have to replace it. Just leave the old skybox image.
7. Rebuild Wonderland (ant clean, ant, ant run-server)
8. Launch and enjoy your new skybox!