First Weekly meeting#
Please add any content that I've missed, or new ideas!
- We decided on p2pu-owl as a tag for twitter and blog posts, but as twitter does not allow - symbols in hashtags, we will go for p2puow.
- The aggregated blogs are being collected in this site. Thanks Marlon!
- We are going to pace down the reading material, so we left discussions for next week.
- Next meeting, next week, same time! Thursday Feb the 10th, 3p.m. (EST), 8p.m. (GMT). We can think about splitting into groups after that.
Reordering reading materials#
Brian asked about what to focus on when reading the materials. The order of the materials in the syllabus is the one I(José) followed, but that does not mean it is the way to read it. Any re-ordering ideas will be much appreciated.
I will try to organise a session/document about the bigger picture as a general overview but I will need backup from the community (especially Jon!). A simplified version of the architecture of the system can give some context and allow for better understanding of the different parts of Wonderland.
Participant presentations#The field is open for anyone to present on whatever wonderland related topic you wish.
While talking about the order of reading materials, Philip suggested that the MT-Game developer guide could be a good introduction for Cell messages (Part 4 of the Cell Tutorial). He has volunteered to organise an intro talk on MT-Game (date to be determined!)
Considerations#As suggested by Morris, for real learning to happen, the reading should be done while working on the code of the tutorials. Do not just read the Cell tutorials but create your own Cell module as you go along.
Bring your own module for peer review!#If you guys want to present your work at weekly meetings (which would be fantastic for peer review), you can send the jar file to me (at least) 1 hour before the meeting. Please note that if you are all working from the tutorial, you will need to use custom names so that all the modules can be deployed at the same time. Pre-pending your user name should be enough to avoid any problems.
Goals for the course#I am aware that some participants have their own goals and projects in mind, and I don't want to interfere with that.
Phil suggested that a nice goal for the course would be to bring some of the unstable modules to a stable state. It's a brilliant idea and I will be happy to organise work around it.
Problems at the meeting#
- Some people had trouble with audio. Please let me know if I can be of any help sorting that out. You can also target the google group for help, which will be a better idea than just me!
- Marlon: would be cool to record the sessions.
- It is going to be impossible for me to try to run the session and be recording at the same time, so if anyone wants to volunteer for this, it would be great!
- Nina: would be good to have a latest links kind of page.
- We can use this wiki for highlights of the week? any ideas?